Costa launches new Nordic Urban Walking excursions
Constantly looking for new experiences to offer its guests, Costa Croisières presents a new activity to complete its offer: urban Nordic walking, one of the few sports activities accessible to all and which can be practiced anywhere.
In addition to their health benefits, these urban trekking tours are a new way to practice sustainable and responsible tourism!
Until 29 September 2019, any reservation for a one-week Mediterranean cruise on board the Costa Fascinosa will allow you to participate in 5 exceptional excursions entirely dedicated to the « Nordic Walking » in the cities of Naples, Palermo, Ibiza, Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona in order to discover these incredible destinations from another angle.
Passengers on the Costa Fascinosa now have the opportunity to enjoy this special activity as part of their cruise: the ideal opportunity to restore their physical and mental balance. Thanks to the advice of a qualified Costa Croisières instructor, they will gradually learn to use the sticks and adopt a posture and biomechanical approach adapted to walking until they master all movements without difficulty.
Each participant will have Nordic walking sticks, as well as a snack and energy drink to fully enjoy the tour. On the program: pleasant walks and superb trails, discovery of natural wonders not to be missed, majestic cities of art and breathtaking views.
After anchoring from Savona, the Costa Fascinosa will head to five destinations where guests can enjoy this activity :
– Naples : from the picturesque port, the walk leads to the San Gennaro Gate, the oldest in the Vesuvius city, and continues towards the Borgo dei Vergini district, famous for its many iconic monuments in the purest Neapolitan Baroque style. After crossing the Rione Sanità district founded in the 16th century, the visit ends in the green royal woods of Capodimonte.
– Palermo : Walking through the narrow streets of the city among the colourful stalls of the Vucciria market, you will come across the marble sculpture of the Genius from Palermo to Garraffo before continuing towards the Quattro Canti. Then head for the Pretorio Palace and the church of Sainte-Catherine, with its magnificent Renaissance facade. After exploring the Kalsa district, you will discover the wonderful gardens of Villa Giulia before finishing the excursion along the Cala, a sea arch that surrounds Palermo’s oldest port.
– Ibiza: the walk begins on the north side of the port, crossing the exclusive Marina Botafoch to reach the magnificent stretches of white sand of Talamanca beach. Along the beach, you will reach Cap Martinet by taking slightly steep paths that will allow you to enjoy a spectacular view. Last stop: Cala Tranquila, the ideal destination for those who want to relax away from the crowd.
– Palma de Mallorca: Once you reach the starting point, a 3 km long walk leads to Bellver Castle, 112 metres above sea level, one of the most beautiful remains of Mallorca’s Gothic civil architecture. After following the circular path that surrounds it, you will return to sea level by crossing the city’s greenest districts and ending up in the heart of the historic centre.
– Barcelona: the excursion starts in the Greek gardens before climbing up to the Montjuïc hill, which rises to 177 metres and offers a breathtaking view of the city. Passing through the Plaza de España, the tour continues along one of the most beautiful streets in the city until reaching the splendid viewpoint of the Mirador del Alcalde.